Monday, September 6, 2010

Brooch Wedding Cakes

I didn't decorate these cakes, I had to share them with you. Both cakes were iced with white or ivory buttercream and decorated with the quilting effect.

But what really makes these cakes stand out are the decorative brooches. They were purchased by the brides at Steinmart for about $12 a piece. They add such a nice touch of glamor and glitz to what could have been a very plain cake. Don't you just love them?


This first cake was decorated by Judy King, a contract decorator at Ms Debbie's Sugar Art.


And this chocolate brown one was decorated by Debbie herself!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I've taught myself how to make fondant covered cakes, but I have no clue how to decorate with buttercream! I'd love to see how you get it to look so smooth and even. That is definitely something I need to learn!
Gorgeous cakes :)

Post a Comment