Sunday, November 15, 2009

Let's Get Moving!

Training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon officially starts this week! Elise & I have recruited one more running partner, Nikki, who has more half marathon experience and really pushes us. If you're in the Gainesville area, we'd love for you to join us! And if not, join us virtually!

I've posted our 16-week training schedule below. If you're not a runner, walk it! It's all about getting up and moving! The training schedule is flexible so do the runs/walks when it fits your schedule. If you move a Monday workout to Tuesday, it's no big deal.

13 miles is very do-able. Trust me. I'm definitely not a long distance runner and every step is a struggle, but I can already proudly say that I can run 4.5 miles without stopping. If I can do it, so can you. Set a goal for yourself - whether its to walk the 13 miles, to run the whole thing, to simply cross the finish line, or to feel better about yourself & your health. Together, we'll get there!





On Mondays, we'll run 2-5 miles and add a little strength training to build muscle tone throughout the body. On Wednesdays, we'll run a couple of miles, do some intervals, and finish with a couple more miles. I can't remember what the AI stood for when we made the schedule...alternate intervals...aerobic intervals? Anyway, if it says 2x1:00, you'll run for 1 minute at a faster pace than normal, rest until your heart rate goes back down, and then do another 1 minute at a faster pace than normal. Friday is a shorter run because we all know it's hard to get the motivation to work out on a Friday, right? And Saturday is the longer run that starts at 4 miles and ramps up to the full 13-mile run!

Are you ready?! Let's go!

1 comments:

Elise said...

This is great! I am totally stealing this to post on my blog! And I'm starting to get really excited about this!

Post a Comment